Tuesday 23 June 2009

Glastonbury 2009 - prepping

When I say 'prepping', I mean I called my mum and said I didn't have anything, she asked me what I needed, and now I have stuff. I still had to go and get my own backpack, like. I don't like owning my own backpack, it almost says 'look at me, I travel!' - which I don't. Well, not all the time. And I don't think I'd like to slog it out round the world living out of a backpack and sharing mudhuts with rats. I would definitely much rather have 5* hotels. I have the internet.

So, yeah, anyway, with that in mind it's a WONDER that I'm going to Glastonbury. Or any festivals, for that matter. I moan about the dirt, but then 365 days pass and I'm well up for it again. I haven't been to Glasto for a few years, mainly because the last time I went the rain was torrential and it completely flooded out. This is why I usually stick with ATP and indoor events. I'm sure it's going to be great, though.
I'm apprehensive about my welly situation... I really like the ones I have, but they're a bit too big for me. I can see many 'welly still stuck in mud, but Ellie still walking' situations occurring.

We're not going down until Thursday evening, which suits me fine - less chance of getting EVEN MORE DIRT all over myself.

This is a tentative list of stuff I wouldn't mind seeing:

Thursday: Metronomy

Friday: Lily Allen, Fleet Foxes, Regina Spektor, General Fiasco, The Streets, Q Tip, Animal Collective, British Sea Power

Saturday: Eagles of Death Metal, Broken Family Band, PASSION PIT, Hockey, Bon Iver

Sunday: Blur, Nick Cave, Micachu & the Shapes, Brand New


Probs won't see hardly any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment